Top 6 Microlearning Tools for 2022
Are you thinking about adopting microlearning as part of your organisation’s online learning experiences? It is a great choice for corporate learning as it can easily be adapted to different businesses and their specific needs. Click here to read more about what is microlearning and the benefits.
Below we have compiled our top 6 microlearning tools to improve your learning experience:
7taps is a free web-based tool where users can create, share and track microlearning content on their browser. You can easily create a mobile-first micro-course in just 15 mins.
- Pick from selection of pre-made themes or easily create one to reflect your brand
- No app downloads or sign-ups needed
- Adapt to device i.e mobile learning friendly
- Course authoring & publishing
- Storyboarding & quizzes
- Third party integrations
- Multi-language options
2. Oust Labs
Oust Labs is a mobile-first gamified micro-learning platform. This tool aids with training, onboarding, and development of employees.
- Increased engagement as interactive micro-content is delivered in a gamified form
- Ability to customise the user experience for your learners through the mobile SDK integration
- Over 35+ languages to choose from
- Real time analytics are available to ensure successful and scalable learning
- Quick and simple content creation with its authoring tool, MPower
(Oust Labs, 2015)
With this all-in-one microlearning video LMS software, you can use videos to create and release e-learning courses.
- Building courses is simplified with their adaptable and customisable templates
- Manage engagement activity and the ability to update the course within the platform
- Create dynamic reports and dashboards to monitor users’ performance
- Message learners directly within the platform
- Customisable platform and dashboard
- API (application programming interface) to integrate with apps and services
TalentCards is microlearning learning app built for mobile users, ideal for employees who are always on the go.
- Optimised for mobile learning
- Activity, engagement, and progress tracking is available
- Assessment management
- Gamification & leader boards
- Learners’ portal
- API & third-party integrations
- Built-in course authoring, publishing, and tracking with customisable branding (TalentCards, 2022)
Surge9 is a 100% native mobile app that joins advanced analytics, AI & content authoring to deliver microlearning courses. The wide variety of content formats (such as flashcards, quizzes, and gamification) and training reinforcement keeps learners engaged.
- Consistent training reinforcement to keep refreshing learners’ knowledge, through retention quizzes, delayed feedback, and spaced retrieval practices
- Adaptive AI engine tracks learners’ retention rate and creates personalised retrieval programmes
- Microlearning, training reinforcement and gamification is all suitable for mobile learning
- Analytics to measure & optimize the microlearning course.
- Easy to use content authoring tool
This is an award-winning microlearning LMS with an integrated authoring tool, editable content library, and learner app. Designed for both mobile and web.
- LMS Features and authoring tool
- Editable course library & Customizable branding
- Spaced repetition & rapid refresh
- Gamification & leader boards
- AI translation
- Activity, engagement, and progress tracking
- SCORM Compliance
- Asynchronous & synchronous learning
- Evaluation, feedback, contest & badge management
- Virtual classroom, student portal and video conferencing
Microlearning and digital learning design tools is a subject covered in our university credit rated, industry approved Professional Diploma in Digital Learning Design. Click here to learn more.
(NOW CLOSED) Furthermore, you can click here to join us for our free webinar on January 27th, where we will be exploring Mobile Learning Fundamentals. We’ll examine design principles, authoring tools, benefits & pitfalls of mobile learning and much more.
- Oust Labs, Mobile Micro Learning Platform | Gamified Learning Solutions for Employees. (2015). Oust Labs. https://www.oustlabs.com/
- uQalio, Johnsen, H. (2021). Course Builder for Video eLearning | uQualio. Uqualio.com. https://www.uqualio.com/features-course-builder-video-elearning-software
- TalentCards, Microlearning Platform | Mobile Training. (2022). TalentCards. https://www.talentcards.com/
- Surge9, Microlearning | Reinforcement | Coaching | Gamification. (2022). Surge9. https://surge9.com/
- The Mobile Learning Management System | EdApp: The Mobile LMS. (2021). Edapp.com. https://www.edapp.com/
- Microlearning made easy. Create and share stunning microlearning experiences in minutes. (2021). 7taps.com. https://www.7taps.com/